Dart for Art 2019 Call for Artists
What is Dart for Art?
Dart for Art is a unique cocktail event in a festive art gallery setting. Guests are assigned a darting number upon arrival. As the party begins, guests stroll amongst the artwork, mingling with artists while enjoying cocktails and appetizers. As numbers are randomly announced, guests “DART” for their favorite piece of art. Dart for Art is a wonderful event and a fun filled evening but its core purpose is to raise funds for children and young adults suffering from Lyme disease.
Please visit Dart for Art 2019 to view the 2018 event catalog and event video.
Perks of Donating
- Exposure on our website, Facebook page, Twitter and email blasts
- Featured in our Artist Directory showcasing artist shows, artwork and Open Studios.
- Artist bio and event artwork featured in the event catalog given to each guest
- Complimentary admission to our Dart for Art event (darting ticket not included).
We utilize a jury process to determine a balanced presentation of art.
- Artists should email photo(s) or submit art piece(s) with dimensions and medium. Several choices are helpful.
- The art will be juried and we will get back to artists within 2 weeks.
- Art must be original.
We appreciate early submissions. Early pieces are often used in promotions giving artists additional exposure. Our target is to have 200 art pieces. As a general rule, we’ll accept a maximum of 3 pieces from an artist. We prefer to receive art (that requires framing) framed. Art should be dropped off or mailed to our Burlingame office or delivered to one of our drop-off locations.
Artist support is Critical to the Success of This Event! We appreciate your consideration. Please call or email to donate or to get more information.
How to Donate
If you would like to make an art donation to Dart for Art 2019, please send an email to info@LymeLightFoundation.org with the below information and attachments.
Please include the following in your email:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Mailing address
- Type of artwork, media
- Title of your art piece
- Unframed dimensions of piece
- Approximate fair market value of piece
- High resolution image of each proposed donation (350 dpi)
- The contact information you want to go in the catalog (name, email, website, phone)
- Your bio for the catalog, no more than 80 words
(we have limited space)
Selection of artwork has already begun! For any questions or comments about Dart for Art, please email info@LymeLightFoundation.org or call Liz at (650) 348-5509.