Change the lives of children and young adults with Lyme disease!
The mission of LymeLight Foundation is to help young people struggling with Lyme disease access and pay for proper medical treatment, and to prevent the long-term effects of Lyme disease through public awareness and education. LymeLight Foundation provides medical grants up to Lyme-infected children and young adults who cannot pay for necessary medications and therapies. As the Program Coordinator you would oversee all aspects of our treatment grant process (application, coordination and follow through).
Since our founding in 2011, LymeLight has provided over $2.7 million in life-changing medical grants to more than 450 children and young adults from 42 states.
We are looking for a self-starter and change-agent to bring energy and enthusiasm to our cause. You will work in a contract position requiring approximately 30+ hours/week for 6 months (to permanent) while covering a team member’s maternity leave. You support all aspects of the grants process including applications, incoming correspondence, recipient feedback and grant distributions. You will interface high-touch with our grant applicants and recipients and will also require heavy interface with our grants database software. You will also interface with our small team with some involvement in event planning, particularly those that involve our grant recipients. You will enjoy flexible hours and a heart full of joy being able to give back to others each day.
This position reports to the Program Manager and is a tremendous opportunity for anyone who wants to gain exposure and experience to a wide range of development functions at a nationally-recognized nonprofit.
The position is a contract position requiring approximately 30 hours/week.
- Following our grants process and guidelines for a high volume of applications and acting as liaison with our grant applicants
- All aspects of processing incoming grant applications, correspondence, receipts, Doctor letters and recipient feedback
- All aspects of grant distribution including correspondence with applicants, coordination of grant checks with Accounting and preparing & mailing grant packages
- Pre-filter, rank and review applications prior to Board review and be available to attend Board meetings to discuss applicant details
- Administer the web-based grants management software application which includes proficiency in the grant management workflow, configuring system automations, account management, data management and clean up, vendor management, and creating, formatting and analyzing various grant applicant based reports. Training and support will be provided.
- Weekly reports tracking progress
- Assist the team with planning / attendance at special event projects including 2-4 fundraising events throughout the year
BACKGROUND & SKILL SET
- College degree
- Fine attention to detail, extreme organization skills and time management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate with all types of roles and abilities with compassion
- Knowledge or ability to quickly learn database / CRM software and experience with building web forms
- Knowledge or ability to quickly learn automation tools such as Mail Merge, Mail Chimp, and Click-N-Ship.
- Computer literate in MS Office Suite, especially Excel and Word
- Experience with a cloud drive such as Box
- Experience with Adobe PDF
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed to support deadlines and support events.
- Interest in the nonprofit community and strong desire to support others
Our online application process should take about 15 minutes to complete. To prepare, please have the following items ready.
- Personal Information
- Date you can start
- Desired hourly pay
- Describe interest in nonprofit work
- Educational background
- Skills and Qualifications
- Job experience
- At least two references
- A cover letter and resume