Change the lives of children and young adults with Lyme disease!
LymeLight Foundation’s mission is to provide Lyme disease treatment grants to eligible children and young adults through age 25 who would not otherwise have a chance at living a healthy life. LymeLight also raises awareness about Lyme disease. We are an established non-profit foundation with a small, hardworking team passionate about helping others. Our working style is highly collaborative and cross functional. The foundation is at an inflection point of accelerating our reach and need creative talent to support our growth. Our office is located in downtown Burlingame, CA.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a self-starter and change-agent with energy and enthusiasm to bring to our cause. You will work in a contract position approximately 30+ hours weekly (can be full time if desired) and can develop to permanent employee status if desired. You report to the Executive Director and have a tremendous opportunity to gain exposure and experience to a wide range of development functions at a nationally-recognized non-profit. You will enjoy flexible hours and a heart full of joy being able to give back to others each day.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As Technical Analyst, you will report to the Executive Director and be responsible for all application systems and technical processes utilized by LymeLight’s staff, donors, and grant applicants (client support is outsourced). You have excellent problem-solving skills, technical skills, a desire to delight your users and a heart to serve our grant applicants. In addition to utilizing your strong IT background, you also easily switch gears to a business analyst role in order to support all functions of the foundation.
- The Technical Analyst administers the web-based grants management software application which includes proficiency in the grant management workflow, configuring system automations, account management, data management and clean up, vendor management, and creating, formatting and analyzing various grant applicant based reports. Knowledge of FluidReview, a Survey Monkey product, is helpful but not necessary.
- The Technical Analyst administers the web-based CRM application system which includes campaign configuration, automated system email management, account management, data management and clean up, vendor management, and creating, formatting and analyzing various donor/applicant reports. Knowledge of NeonCRM is helpful but not necessary.
- The Technical Analyst manages 3rd party systems periodically which includes writing functional requirements for new campaigns and for API integration, basic application administration, and management of 3rd party vendors.
- The Technical Analyst interfaces with outsourced IT teams to maintain web domain and content as well as ensuring all technical functions work seamlessly for foundation staff.
- The Technical Analyst partners with the Executive Director to manage social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and G+.
- The Technical Analyst is a resource to the foundation staff and board of directors as needed to optimize technical procedures and proactively seeks efficiency opportunities to maximize resource use toward mission execution.
- The Technical Analyst assesses all donor financial activity and reconcile in partnership with accountant.
- The Technical Analyst provides Board Meeting updates on technical programs as determined by the Executive Director. Board Meetings are held 3 Saturdays annually.
- The Technical Analyst creates donor reports and presentation material in partnership with the Executive Director.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- 3-5 years of IT Systems or Application Management experience
- Strong ability to learn new technologies and ramp up quickly as new challenges arise
- Ability to work independently to problem solve technical and business issues with escalation option to vendors as needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate with all types of roles and abilities
- Intermediate MS Office skills particularly Excel (pivots, charts, standard formulas) and Power Point (presentation material for Executive Director including charts)
- Basic administrative skills such as Mail Merge and Mail Chimp
- Time Management and Organization skills
- Creative and solution oriented, adaptable, strong team player
- Exceptional work ethic and strong commitment to exceeding goals
- University degree preferred
Our online application process should take about 15 minutes to complete. To prepare, please have the following items ready.
- Personal Information
- Date you can start
- Desired hourly pay
- Describe interest in nonprofit work
- Educational background
- Skills and Qualifications
- Job experience
- At least two references
- A cover letter and resume