Dart for Art 2019 Call for Artists
What is Dart for Art?
Dart for Art’s core purpose is to raise funds for children and young adults suffering from Lyme disease who otherwise cannot afford treatment. 100% of all Funds raised from the event go directly to fund treatment grants. Artist support is Critical to the Success of This Event – their generosity and talent make this lively and entertaining evening possible.
Dart for Art is a unique cocktail event in a festive art gallery setting. It is not an Auction! Guests are assigned a darting number upon arrival. As the party begins, guests stroll amongst the artwork, mingling with artists while enjoying cocktails and appetizers. As numbers are randomly announced, guests “DART” for their favorite piece of art. Dart for Art is a coveted event and a fun filled evening. Past years have Sold Out! Many artists donate year after year and love attending the event, knowing they are making a difference in the life of a child suffering with Lyme disease. Please view the 2018 Event Catalog.
Perks of Donating
- Exposure to our art loving attendees, website, Facebook page, Twitter and email blasts
- Artist Statement and event artwork featured in the event catalog given to each guest
- Featured in our Artist Directory showcasing artist shows, artwork and Open Studios
- Complimentary admission to our Dart for Art event (darting ticket not included)
- Art must be original. Several choices are helpful
- We utilize a jury process to determine a balanced presentation of art
- We prefer art (that requires framing) already be framed (not a requirement)
- 3-D art is not accepted at this time
- Submission deadline is February 1, 2019
How to Donate
- Artists (or individual donors) should complete the online 2019 Dart for Art Submission Form. Please use the following login prompts for access:
- The art will be juried and we will respond within 2 weeks
- As a general rule, we’ll accept a maximum of 3 pieces from an artist
- Art can be mailed, dropped off, or picked up at mutually convenient time (for local artists)
Selection of artwork has already begun! We appreciate early submissions. Early pieces are often used in promotions giving artists additional exposure. For any questions or comments about Dart for Art, please email info@LymeLightFoundation.org or call Liz (650) 348-5509.
Your donation is tax deductible as allowed by law. You will receive a tax receipt from LymeLight after the event with the name of the recipient (if they chose to share their contact information). LymeLight Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit Federal Tax ID #61-1645660
Artist support is Critical to the Success of This Event! We appreciate your consideration.