What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you visit our website, fill out a form, email us, donate, securely login to our site or apply for a grant. Information we collect includes:
- Contact information
- Payment processing information (if donating or purchasing from our store). We do not store credit card data.
- IP address, browser, operating system and device ID to determine unique site visits and session IDs.
- If applying for a grant, we collect medical history, doctor, and income information for purposes of determining eligibility.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To process donations or purchases. We do not store credit card data.
- To communicate with you on LymeLight news and events. You can opt-out anytime by contacting us.
- To determine eligibility to our grant program if applying.
- To report to donors about our grant recipient population non-personally identifiable information such as state, age, and anonymous exit survey results. Personal identifying information is never reported.
- In the European Union, information is only collected for donation purposes.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety and use 3rd parties that utilize industry standard security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
Links to Third Party Sites
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Your Data Rights
You can opt-out of the use of certain cookie-related processing by following the instructions above.
If you would like to submit a data access, correction, restriction, or deletion request, you can do so by contacting us at email@example.com and we will process such request with respect to any personal information that we are able to link to you individually based on the information that you can provide to us. These rights and options that you have with respect to personal information are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law.
If you are within the European Union, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of an alleged infringement of the applicable data protection law. However, we encourage you to contact us first at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to resolve your concerns.